Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summer Rain

As a kid, I remember one of my favorite summer activities was playing in the rain. After the lightning had finished, my sisters and I would put on our Disney rain coats and go outside barefoot. We would splash in the gutters, collect earthworms and look for rainbows. It was warm and humid and felt a little like we were breaking the rules. It really was magical.
(I know my mom has a picture of us playing in the gutters but it's way too embarrassing to post here.)

Last week, we had a summer thunderstorm and as soon as the lightning was over, Paxton started banging on the screen door to go outside. I knew it was time to share one of my childhood memories with him.

At first he wasn't sure if it was really ok to be in the rain...





Rolly Polly:






He had a great time and didn't want to come in. I love watching him experience the things I loved as a little kid (and kind of feeling like a kid again myself).

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. You definitely should've posted the picture! Pax is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna see the picture! What a tease.

    I love the look on Pax's face like, "Are you sure this is ok?" So cute. I also look forward to sharing this wth B!

    ReplyDelete