Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving!

 I am never as good at taking pictures during holidays as I want to be.  Ideally this pot would be full of pictures of Paxton and all his relatives, but that didn't happen.

On Sunday night, Jared had a bunch of his family in town so we went to Granny Pat's house for dinner and to see everyone.  Paxton knows exactly what he can get away with at Granny Pat's house and he hopped right up on the couch.  Jared's cousin's little boy that is about a year older, hopped up next to Paxton...he got in trouble.  Paxton is already THAT kid that gets other kids in trouble.

 It was a fun night and it was great to get to see everyone.

Wednesday night, Jared was at the Thunder game with his cousin, Caleb, while I was baking, so Paxton got to lick the spoon.
 He loved it.

Then, on Thanksgiving morning, we watched the parade together and had cinnamon rolls.  After finishing up all the cooking and baking, we took some family pictures...they were mostly a failure.
 But I did get an adorable one of Pax and Jared:
My mom and I made Paxton this turkey shirt because I waited too long to order one online.

 It was also his 20 month birthday so we had to take his bear pictures.

After a nap and all the pictures, we went to Granny's house to see Jared's mom's side of the family.  Paxton played outside for most of the afternoon and barked at the neighbor's dogs.  It was nice this year to just give him pieces of everything and not worry about what he could and couldn't have yet.  Last year I think he got some sweet potato baby food for lunch since he couldn't have any meat yet or anything with milk in it...

In the evening, we went to my mom's house and had our second Thanksgiving dinner.  Paxton went to sleep pretty quickly after dinner.  Once the Black Friday sales started, we left Maesynne at my mom's with a sleeping Pax and hit the stores.  We didn't really get any crazy deals, but we did have fun.  We usually put our Christmas decorations after we get home from Thanksgiving, but we had done it the weekend before.  I knew that being pregnant with a toddler this year, I wouldn't feel like staying up until 3 a.m. and I didn't.  It was nice to come home and just go to bed.

It was a great Thanksgiving and we have a lot to be thankful for this year.  We are thankful for our own house for the first time, a healthy pregnancy so far, a sweet and smart toddler and a wonderful marriage.  We are so thankful for having family so close that is always there for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment