Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Park!

Now that Paxton is getting a little bigger and is able to do things outside of the house more, I am struggling to come up with activities that he will enjoy. One thing I thought of was having park day on Thursdays. Each Thursday we will try a new park around Edmond. Now that kids are back in school he won't be in their way and he can run around safely.

Paxton and I walked to the park by our house this Thursday. It was a little less hot than it has been, so we decided to take advantage of it.

It ended up being a really fun trip, it was the first time I felt like Paxton actually enjoyed the park.

He took off as soon as I let him out of the stroller.








He loves climbing steps right now, so of course these were fun.


The swings were my favorite part. He has liked swings for a few months now, but this time he laughed and squealed the entire time. It was precious.












I love his little fingers holding on.


Then we went over to the tube. He crawled through it over and over...about sixteen times.









After that, he thought it was fun to pick up handful after handful of wood chips and throw them. Luckily there were no other kids there for him to throw them at.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Having a park day each week is a great idea! I think I might have to establish that with W too. :-)

    ReplyDelete