Tuesday, October 16, 2012

So How's It Going the Second Time Around?

Symptoms: I was super nauseous from the first day of Week 6 until the first day of Week 9. I never actually threw up (just like with Pax) but I felt miserable all day every day. With Pax, I would get nauseous off and on, especially if I needed to eat, but this time I was just sick all day and all night. Eating helped a little but the nausea never abated. Then, the day before we left for Chicago, I woke up feeling great. I've felt much better ever since (except for a rough few moments in the Chicago airport).

For the first few weeks, I would crash every day around 3:00. It didn't matter what I was doing, I would just fall asleep for about 30 minutes every day. Luckily, this is during Paxton's nap. I still get tired most days when 3:00 rolls around but I can usually make it without a nap.

Cravings/Aversions: I have once again lost my taste for Diet Coke. I know that drinking regular Coke was a big part of how much weight I gained with Paxton, so I'm keeping that to a minimum this time. I also cannot stand to see or even think about carrots. I have been craving eggs...especially at lunch time. Sausage and egg McMuffins from McDonald's are perfect. I have also been craving fruit this time...fruit and yogurt parfaits are one of the things that I have been eating a lot of. And, as stereotypical as this is, pickles are on the list. We were at the grocery store, I saw a huge jar of pickles and I got really excited. Jared thought I was joking...but it came home with us and we went through it fast. Water with lemon has also been something I've been wanting which is weird because I've never liked water.

Baby Bump: Yes. I had heard it would happen early this time, and it did. I am already in maternity pants and already have a little bump.

Baby Development: Little Baby Miller #2 (or Poppy as we've been calling it since it starts with P like Paxton and was the size of a poppy seed when we found out) is growing just like it should be. We had our first ultrasound at nine weeks:


And then another one today at 11 weeks:


We haven't heard the heartbeat yet, but saw it flickering on the screen during the ultrasound today.

So, things are going well. We are excited for Paxton to be a big brother. We think he'll adjust really well. He really likes babies and is really sweet with them, so we're hoping that carries over. Baby 2 has one outfit so far: a onesie we bought it at Hard Rock in Chicago. This pregnancy is going much faster than Paxton's, and I am trying to enjoy it since it could be the last one.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for baby #2!! Just look at that sweet little babe. Pax is going to be so great! I can't wait to see them together :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear you haven't been too sick! I want to see a belly picture. :-)

    ReplyDelete