Saturday, September 17, 2011

Peas

We were planning on starting Paxton on baby food on his 6 month birthday. Our pediatrician said we could anytime between 4 and 6 months and we just weren't in a rush for him to grow up too fast. Well, we are planning a cookout on Paxton's six month birthday and knew that we wouldn't have the time that day.

We bought the food last night, and by the time we got home, I was too excited to wait. He's only 5 days shy of 6 months so that probably counts. I've heard stories of babies who try their first vegetable and hate it and make crazy faces...I love those stories. However, I was pretty sure we wouldn't have one of those stories. Our baby switched from breastfeeding to Enfamil and then to Emfamil Gentlease and then to Gerber all without realizing. When he was sick a few months ago, we had to give him pedialtyte. He drank orange and strawberry without flinching. He drinks cold bottles or warm bottles. Basically, he's an amazing eater and isn't picky at all.

I got the food ready, and Jared got the video camera. Just as I expected, Paxton chowed down on the peas. It seemed like he couldn't tell the difference between the peas and the rice cereal and oatmeal he was used to. Then, as soon as Jared put the camera down, this happened:













He made terrible faces and then wouldn't open his mouth for a bite. I'm not exactly sure what happened...because he ate 3/4 of it without realizing it was gross.





We needed to use up the second half of the container of peas...I'm not a fan of waste, so I tried again today. He ate the whole bowl, lunging forward for each bite. I don't understand his wavering taste, but I guess he likes peas now? Hopefully he eats all of his other veggies this easily...because his daddy sure doesn't.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment