Monday, June 4, 2012

The Lake!!

This weekend, we went back to the lake. This time we got to take my family! Mom, Maesynne,Teighynne, Mallory, Jared, Paxton and I left on Friday after everybody got off work.

When we woke up on Saturday morning, I had to take a picture of Paxton...he looked so much like a toddler in his Buzz Lightyear pajamas. He is really starting to look less like a baby...I might be struggling with that a little. The fact that he's not quite walking yet is letting me think he's still a baby, but he isn't.

After breakfast on Saturday, we packed up sandwiches and drinks and lots of baby gear and hopped on the boat.

Paxton played in his kiddie pool for awhile, but kept looking longingly at the lake.

Finally, with Daddy's approval, I caved. I let him get in the lake.

I held on tight to him the whole time (even though he was perfectly safe in his life jacket). He loved it. He was splashing like crazy and kicking his feet and squealing. He only stayed in for about five minutes because that's all I could handle.

We were planning on having someone take him back to the lake house for his nap around 2:00, but as we were heading back in, I wrapped him in a towel and cuddled him up on my chest and the sound of the boat motor put him to sleep. I can't remember the last time he fell asleep on my chest. The weather was perfect, my family was laughing and talking (and tubing) all around was a perfect moment. He slept like that for about an hour and then woke up and played some more.

Later, we were floating in the lake while Paxton and Jared hung out on the boat, when Maesynne spotted a fish. The next thing we knew, she was swimming away from us with her towel on top of her head. She kept getting further away until we could only see her pink towel in the distance. A few minutes later, she plopped her towel on the boat. We didn't really think anything about it until she started peeling back the corners of her towel. Since Jared was the one on the boat, he saw what she had first. He yelled to us that she really caught a fish in her towel. We thought maybe it was just a tiny wasn't. It was huge:

She ended up having to let it go because we didn't have any idea what to do with it.

Since Pax didn't get a very long nap, he was in the weirdest mood by the end of the afternoon. He was just sitting like this against me as we rode around in the boat:

It was so funny because he's never still!

We ate dinner at Soda Steve's and went back to the house to watch the Thunder. Those guys really are almost life-size on Grandpa Mark's huge TV.

The next morning we had to hit the breakfast buffet where Paxton ate like a king and then spilled my drink all over me. Five seconds later, he spilled Jared's hot coffee all over me. I had to walk out covered in coke and coffee...somehow Paxton stayed completely dry.

It was such a fun trip! We're so glad that Grandpa Mark shares his lake house and boat with us, and glad my family came down with us! It was great!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment