Thursday, September 11, 2014

759, 760 & 867, 868

I read an article a few weeks ago that talked about how you only have 940 Saturdays between the time a baby is born and the time he leaves for college. I have been feeling like time is passing so quickly lately, and the season of having little kids will be over before I know it. The article was kind of the straw that broke the camel's back and I decided that I needed to find ways to make these days count. I know that not every Saturday can be magical, but I would like to try to do one special thing each Saturday. Maybe it will be something the boys have been asking to do, a trip as a family, or even just a special breakfast they love. 

Saturday #1 of my new system did not turn out to be my favorite Saturday, but we accomplished the goal so I'll count it as a success. 

Paxton has been asking for donuts all the time recently and Dunkin Donuts is one of his favorite places in the world, so that's what we did. Jared was at his football game so I was flying solo with the boys. For some reason they were grumpy. Porter fussed off and on the whole time and Paxton was just not in the kind of mood where he listens...

Saturday #2 was much better. Jared stayed home from football and we just totally trashed the house making an obstacle course for the boys and then a tent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment