Thursday, January 3, 2013

Shelves, Pretzels and Ice Cream

 Paxton got a ton of new toys for Christmas, and we needed a new organizational system especially since we are about to convert his room into a room for two little Miller boys.  We got him some shelves with bins from Target which helped a lot.  But first we had to move the old furniture out.
(Ignore our crazy hall mess--it was a post-Christmas disaster)
Paxton thought it was hilarious to help Daddy move out the old table.
 Once we got it all set up, he had some play time in his new Mickey jammies from Granny Pat.
 Yesterday morning, I left Pax in his room watching Mickey while I was getting ready.  He was alone for maybe three minutes, and when I came back to check on him this is what I found:
 He was sitting in his chair, concentrating on Mickey and snacking from a bag of pretzels that he had helped himself to OFF THE KITCHEN COUNTER! So apparently he can reach up there now...

Later that day, we hit the library and then stopped at the park.  I didn't realize how cold it was until we saw ice still on the slide.  We were there for about eight minutes, and then I told Pax it was time to go to the car.
 He took off running towards the car, but he was not ready to leave so he started throwing a fit as he was running to the car.  I thought it was pretty funny.

Today we went to lunch at Chick-fil-a with Aunt Maesynne and Aunt Bevynne.  Aunt Maesynne taught Pax to point to himself when we asked "where's Paxton?"  And since he already had the book that came in the kid's meal, we traded it in for ice cream.  Paxton reached out and touched it as soon as I set it down and I think it freaked him out that it was cold.  After that, he wouldn't eat off the spoon when I tried to feed him so I just gave him the spoon.  He sniffed it a few times and then gave it a few tentative licks.  After that he was hooked and kept giving me the spoon back for more.

1 comment: