Friday, March 8, 2013

Celebrating the Man of the House

For some crazy reason, Jared doesn't like celebrating his birthday. It could be the string of bad luck birthdays he's had in his life (bowling balls bouncing up and hitting him in the face, cake pans exploding, broken arms at DZ...), or it could just be that he doesn't like all the attention on him. Either way, I like to go overboard in the celebration of him because he's a pretty special guy to us. Plus birthdays are fun.

This year, we started with a little birthday date night complete with dinner, ice cream, bowling and basketball. It was my first time to beat Jared (or anyone really) at bowling in the nine years we've been together so it was a pretty big deal.

On Jared's actual birthday, his co-workers celebrated with some donuts. Paxton and I went downtown to eat lunch with him at the restaurant of his choice. He picked Fuzzy's Tacos.

This picture was the first time I've really noticed how much these two look alike:


And I love how funny Pax thinks his daddy is:


After lunch, Pax and I headed home for a toddler nap. When he woke up, he helped me mix up Daddy's cake. He thought it was cool for about three seconds and then he just wanted to play in the sink.


While the cake was baking, we headed outside for a birthday tradition:

(Last year)


(This year)


This year Paxton helped me draw...he added some blue lines up by the "happy". He also ran around a lot yelling "car" and then coming back and sitting in the chalk.

When Jared got home, he opened his presents and his card from Paxton, we cooked out some steaks and had a little family dinner. I had been trying to get Pax to sing happy birthday all day but he would just smile and make me sing it. As soon as we lit the candles on the cake, he started singing it without any prompting. It was pretty amazing.


I love having days to celebrate this guy.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. Awe what a special day! I love that Pax just knew to sing when the candles were lit. How precious! And the boys seriously look so much alike it that photo. Can't wait to see all of you soon. Happy birthday, Jared!!

    ReplyDelete