Wednesday, January 6, 2016

2016!

We haven't really thought of very many fun New Year's traditions yet...Paxton was super excited about New Year's Eve this year and I think he ended up having a good night, but we definitely need to come up with some fun things to do! 

This year, OU was playing so we went to Grandpa Mark's to watch the game. 
After the game, the boys were begging for icees (my pregnancy craving has spread to them and they seriously can't get enough), so we stopped at 7-11 on the way home. Then I did a video interview of both boys which was kind of a disaster but will probably be funny to look back on. By then, it was 9:00 so we watched a New Year's countdown on Netflix (and then we watched 2 more) and gave the boys New Year's kisses and put them to bed. 
On New Year's Day, we all slept in a little and then had a lazy morning. Justin came over to hang out with Jared and the boys while Jessie and I went shopping. 

For dinner, our tradition is to cook out steaks and have black eyed peas so we did that. The boys and I toasted with sparkling grape juice. 
Paxton said he's most excited about going to the lake this year. Porter is excited for icees and Jared and I are excited about completing our little family in April!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I wish we had thought of a Netflix New Year countdown!

    ReplyDelete