Tuesday, September 8, 2015


We had a pretty awesome Labor Day Weekend. We started it off with something from my "fall bucket list"...a high school football game! Obviously we needed to get some pizza first. The server gave each boy a little ball of pizza dough to play with (or as Paxton called it, modeling clay) and to say they were obsessed would be an understatement. 
We went to the Santa Fe/North football game. It was my first football game as an SFHS alum and Porter's first football game ever. 
The boys lasted all the way to the 4th quarter (an hour past bedtime) with the help of their "modeling clay" and some popcorn for Paxton. We were pleasantly surprised. They said they had fun and Porter carried the popcorn around all night and the next day...
Saturday morning, Pax requested Johnnie's for breakfast and we noticed that the Minion's movie was about to leave theaters and we wanted to take the boys. 
They didn't love the movie, but they made it through (again with popcorn) and we only had to leave once for a pee break. 

After lunch and naps, we got our game day outfits on (except Paxton who has grown out of his) and headed to Grandpa Mark's house to watch the game. The boys loved eating pizza and running around and Paxton got a whole Tupperware of change from Stephanie. Jared and I liked the final score. 

Sunday morning, we had cinnamon rolls together and then we dropped the boys off at Granny V's for a day date. We went to Top Golf with Justin and Jessie and then to the mall to check out our new H&M. Of course we ended up buying stuff for the boys...but I definitely added a few things to my birthday list. 

Sunday night, we had Gramsy and the Aunts over for a Labor Day cookout. Aunt Mal took a picture of me reading to the boys...
And then after 2.5 busy days, today we decided to take the day off. We slept in, Jared went and got us breakfast, and then we did nothing. Paxton was feeling sick, so we all watched the Lego movie (and washed the couch cushion covers due to the sickness...) and I cleaned out from under the couch while Jared did dishes. And that was the end of our productivity for the day. It was so lazy that at one point, we walked in Paxton's room to find him asleep on the floor. 
They stayed in their jammies all day and played on the naked couch cushions. 
Finally, after playing outside for a little while and eating dinner, we turned on the Lego movie for an encore at Paxton's request. Porter fell asleep amid the chaos and Paxton took a shower and put on clean jammies. 
I think sometimes we struggle to find the balance between saying yes to everything and staying home and being complete hermits, but I think this weekend we found a pretty happy medium. 

No comments:

Post a Comment