Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Spring!

Spring is here and with the warmer weather and all of the people to see, we have been staying really busy! 

The boys have become obsessed with their sandbox. Last year they didn't want anything to do with it and this year it's all they want to do. They usually end up throwing sand after about 32 seconds so it doesn't necessarily last long...
We went to the zoo with Addi Claire and Ellie. She told Paxton that her real name was Addison and he said that it wasn't, her name was Addi and she ran to me and told me that he was being unkind because he said her name wasn't Addison. Other than that, they were so cute together and had a blast bossing each other the entire time. 
Jared and I went to an awards dinner for his work and I got a terrible haircut right before it. Good thing I got to wear a helmet in the photo booth. 
Porter has been super clingy lately and I can't say I mind at all. There's not even an ounce of annoyance when he grabs my legs and says "I want to hold you" I just grab him! He likes to sit on the counter while i cook and eat snacks and "help". He loves to sit on my lap on the couch and he likes for me to just carry him around wherever I go. I think it's sweet and I know I'll miss it in 5 seconds when he's totally over me and onto the next thing. 
We went to a PBS event at the Capitol to see Curious George and Daniel Tiger but there were way too many people and the characters kept disappearing so maybe it wasn't worth the trip downtown...
We visited GG and Porter got to open his birthday present. He got a ferry boat that he is totally obsessed with. Now they think whenever they go to her house they get presents since the last two times we have been have been for a brithday. 
Our neighbors gave Paxton a bubble machine for his birthday and they love it. It feels like a straight dose of childhood to crank it up and let them run around in the yard chasing bubbles. It's perfect with a Popsicle chaser. 
Jared had a solo work event one night and I needed to get the joys out of the house so I attempted a solo picnic at the park. These boys don't concentrate well on eating under the most boring of circumstances so not a lot of food got eaten...I think they had fun though. 
Since they mostly fight over toys all day long, I had to capture this sweet moment...
We went out to celebrate Bevynne's 21st birthday and what's a 21st celebration without two little boys? 
Both boys are loving how often we see family. And park trips are so much easier (and more fun) with 6 extra hands. 
On Sunday, our first outing as a family of four two years ago came up, and since the Arts Festival was in town, we knew we had to go. 
The boys have grown just a little bit...
Now that we have a fenced-in yard again, we spend almost every night outside. The boys burn some energy and since we eat dinner outside, the dogs handle the clean-up. 
I told myself I would take Porter's pacifier away when he turned two but I just can't do it. He still looks like a baby when he sleeps and I can't let go of that! 
Spring in Oklahoma means lots of storms...
And last night they were so intense that we headed to Grandpa Mark's house to ride it out since he has a storm shelter. Porter and Brooks kept each other safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment