Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Tuesday

I was tired this morning. I stayed up late the past two nights and woke up early both mornings, but when I heard the tiny slaps of toddler feet running down the hall towards me, I couldn't help but smile. He could go anywhere in the house. He knows Porter and I are still asleep and he could get into anything, but he chooses me. He quietly climbs on the bed next to me and soundlessly stares at me. I keep my eyes closed to see what he'll do. Finally he can't stand it anymore and he loudly whispers "Mommy! Can you open your eyes?" I peek out at him and he bursts into a huge grin and exclaims "I stayed dry!" I tell him how proud I am and help him get in the covers. He snuggles up next to me and just lays there. I wonder what he's thinking. 

It's not a bad start to a morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment