Monday, November 7, 2011

A Busy Weekend

Paxton is growing up so fast.  Last night, I got a little teary watching him sit up in his high chair and feed himself puffs.  When did he get big enough to feed himself?  I'm glad that he's getting more independent and developing like he should, but it makes me a little sad that he doesn't need me as much anymore.
When did he get this big?

He even takes baths in the big tub!
We had a pretty busy weekend.  Friday night, one of Jared's clients asked us to go to a dinner and silent auction to benefit a charity that their company was involved with.  My mom watched Paxton, and Jared and I went on a date.  
We missed Paxton immediately and were so happy to have him back that we kept him up way past his bedtime to play.

On Saturday,we ate breakfast at Old School Bagel (which we were so happy to see in Edmond because we love that place...but the one in OKC is far away).  Then Jared went to Granny Pat's to help with some things at her house while Paxton and I chilled at home. 

After a brief visit to my mom's house to help Maesynne pick out some outfits for her career fair in Minneapolis this week, Paxton and I joined the family at Granny Pat's for the OU game.  Grandpa Mark bought Paxton an Exersaucer to use at Granny Pat's house and he loved it!  We were a little nervous about his naptime at Granny Pat's house...usually he only takes naps in his crib.  But, Granny Pat fed him a bottle and then sat back there with him until he fell asleep.  She even let him sleep on her bed.  Paxton is so lucky to have such a sweet great grandma and a grandpa that loves him so much and is willing to provide whatever he needs.

When we got home Saturday night, we ate some chinese food and put Paxton to bed.  After he went down, we felt our first earthquake!  I was washing Paxton's bottles and I felt the floor vibrating.  My first thought was that it was our hot water doesn't work that well and I had been using hot water for the bottles.  Then Jared came running in and said it was an earthquake.  He was loving it.  I was freaking out.  I vaguely remembered something about getting in the doorway, but I didn't know if it was bad enough.  I also didn't know if I should get Paxton up...he slept right through it.

Sunday morning started early.  Paxton apparently missed the memo about daylight savings and got up at 7:45 which is super early for him!  By the afternoon, we realized that the time change was not going to be as easy with a baby.  We had a rough afternoon with him being super tired but not wanting to take his nap.  We took him to the park by our house for some swinging which he loved.  We ended up having to miss our small group that night because Paxton didn't go to sleep until 4:00 and slept until 6:00.  That pretty much put him back on schedule.  We were able to go to the grocery store and get him to bed at 9:30 (right on time).  From now on, daylight savings doesn't mean losing or gaining an hour of sleep to us.  It means adjusting to a whole new schedule.  We sure do love the reason for the adjustment though!

1 comment:

  1. You look so beautiful!! Pax is doing so well and getting so big... I just can't believe it! You guys are doing so great. I hope to be just like you ;)