Monday, July 22, 2013

Tulsa Trip

Jared had to go to Tulsa for work on Friday, so the boys and I packed up and joined him. We got there around 11:00 and dropped Jared off while the boys and I headed to Wal-Mart. They had these carts:


Which I hadn't seen before. It was great because I needed to give Porter a bottle while we walked around so this way I could reach him! Paxton was ready to leave after a few minutes and started screaming. He had picked out a bus that he wanted and threw it during his fit. I'm not very good at not letting him have things he wants, especially now that he realizes it, but he also can't act like that in public. The first time he threw it, I gave it back but told him he couldn't throw it again or he would lose it. He threw it again. I hated watching disappointment fill his little face, but I hope he can learn from it.

He had calmed down by the time we got to the front so I let him have the Cheetohs he was begging for.


It made him happy. We picked Jared up and headed to lunch.


We knew it was risky, but we decided to let Pax skip his nap because we wanted to take him to the Tulsa Children's Discovery Lab.


Paxton had a blast. He was the perfect age for it and he loved every activity.








There was a huge playscape made out of packing tape. This was his favorite part.


Jared had to go up with him the first time to show him how it worked, but after that he did it all by himself.





He especially loved the big slide at the end. He did not understand the concept of waiting his turn to go down the slide...but he still had tons of fun.


On the way out, we had to pass a splash pad to get to the car and Paxton had to go. I didn't have a swimsuit for him so he was the kid in the regular diaper and shorts. Luckily I had another outfit for him to wear home.


It was a fun family trip and it almost felt like a vacation even though we weren't far from home.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment