Thursday, July 25, 2013

THREE MONTHS

Well, it happened. We blinked and Porter left the newborn stage and became a baby!


At three months, Porter has finally gotten a little less fussy. He still wants to be held most of the time, but is usually fine to play on his play mat or swing for 15 minutes at a time. He has also taken a few short naps without being held.


He is still exclusively on pumped breast milk (except if we leave him and I haven't pumped enough extra...then he has formula). He eats four or five ounces at a time am usually goes 3-3.5 hours between feedings. He will usually go between 6 and 8 hours at night, then eat and go right back to sleep.


He weighs about 15 pounds and is wearing 3-6 month clothes and size 2 diapers.


He can roll from stomach to back, but hasn't rolled the other way yet...mostly because he hates being on his tummy (which is the COMPLETE opposite of Pax). He loves his Bumbo and holds his head up really well. He smiles a lot and is close to laughing. He hasn't figured out sucking his thumb yet, but still sucks his fist when he doesn't have a pacifier. He has to be swaddled to go to sleep at night and will only close his eyes if he can see me. If I leave the room while he's falling asleep, he can tell immediately and wakes up crying.


He is already a mama's boy. He calms down immediately when I hold him and is ok being put down as long as he can see me. He smiled at Pax for the firs time this week which melted my heart and made me so excited for him to get big enough to play with Pax!


He's a really sweet and super cuddly little guy and we are having fun watching him grow up. Now if time could just slow down for a few months...I love the baby stage!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment