Sunday, March 20, 2011

It's almost time, let the battle begin

The time us upon us.  The appointment for inducement has be set.  Now we are planning for how we can combat for what he has in store for us. 



Looks innocent and cute, right?  Don't believe for one second that there is not a logical though process that's going on in that head to determine how he will get us in the palm of his hand.  

He has a couple of ways of accomplishing this.  First, he goes to the bathroom a lot.  He uses this tactic to show us that we have to change him and clean him, and it's not the other way around.  Society tells parents that we have to change him. So, the first win goes to him.


Next, he gets up every few hours and demands to eat.  Again, nothing we can do because we have to feed him.  Chalk up another point for the baby.  Before we get a chance to combat his evil ways, he has two points on us. 



There's the crying too.  They even have different cries for different things they want.  There's the pick-me-up cry.


The "feed me"cry



The "change me so I can show you who the boss is" cry.



And then there's the "When I grow up and get married, I'm living alone.  You hear that? I'm living alone, I'm living alone!" cry.



Regardless of who wins, we are very excited to have him become a part of our family.  We look forward to being parents, and it's amazing how much you love someone before you even meet him.

-Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment